Whitlock v Painter: Wizard seeks revenge
Simon Whitlock will be looking to further cement his place in the play-off places this week as he faces Kevin Painter in a rematch of their week three in encounter in Belfast. The Artist was an unexpected 8-3 winner on the night against the Aussie, but has since suffered a dip in form that has seen him on the end of four straight defeats. Whitlock was able to bounce back from a bizarre 8-0 defeat to James Wade as he averaged over a hundred in a comfortable victory against Gary Anderson last Thursday.
Predictably, Whitlock is the favourite at 8/15 across the board, while Painter is once again a long shot at 16/5 with William Hill, odds that he landed back in their week 3 matchup, however much has changed in that time. With expectations raised after a surprisingly successful start to life in the Premier League, Painter has been unable to keep pace and now finds himself joint bottom of the table and three points off a play-off position. Aside from last week's 100 average against Raymond van Barneveld, Painter's tournament average stands at only 91, and in addition, the Daventry thrower also currently sits with the lowest 180 total in the tournament as Whitlock looks ripe for the picking to score the most maximums at 4/7.
It could be argued that the gruelling travel schedule and coming up against tough opponents week after week could be draining Painter both physically and mentally in his tournament bow based on recent results. I wouldn't expect Whitlock to let up and his scoring power should just be too much for Painter on the night.
• Lewis v Anderson: Value now with Scot
• Taylor v Whitlock: Wizard to break Power duck
• Barney v Hamilton: No room for error
• Wade v Painter: Machine to reboot
• Taylor v Lewis: Jackpot thrives on big games
• Wade v Hamilton: Time is running out
• Barney v Whitlock: Momentum is with Dutchman
• Anderson v Painter: Win or bust
• Anderson 33/1 to defend Premier League crown
• Taylor v Barney: Still a spectacle to behold
• Wade v Anderson: In-form Machine is the only bet
• Hamilton v Taylor: Another handicap win for Power
• Whitlock v Anderson: Wizard to show bouncebackability
• Lewis v Wade: Rivalries renewed
• Painter v Van Barneveld: Barney to land the 180 odds