Webster v Painter: Artists card is Marked
Kevin Painter came from 9-6 behind in his semi-final match against Scott Rand to set-up a date with Mark Webster in the final of the Players Championship Finals.
The Artist and Spider will now battle it out for their first ever PDC major title, the penultimate title of the season and a real confident booster ahead of next week’s World Championships.
Both players have ridden their luck throughout and each could have been eliminated had their opponents taken their chances at various stages. However, it was Webster who was most convincing in his semi-final, looking increasingly clinical on his finishing.
“My finishing was pretty sharp and I'm delighted to be through,” said the Welshman. “I had a little bit of luck but I've not beaten Wes for a while so it's nice to end that run.
“Hopefully I can go on to win the final now.”
Sportingbet make Webster the 8/13 in their match odds betting, with Painter at odds of 6/4, And even at such short prices Webby looks the bet. Painter puts so much into his matches that he will be mentally drained going into this one, the extra hour that Webster has had to recover could make all the difference.
Back Webster to win @ 8/13 with Sportingbet
• Painter v Rand: Cool Hand to brush off the Artist
• Newton v Webster: Webby to entrap the Warrior
• Webster v Chisnall: Match of the round to go the distance
• King v Painter: King to claim his throne
• Anderson v Painter: Artist unlikely to make an impression
• Taylor v King: King to push the Power
• Walsh v Jones: Wanderer to down Special Brew
• Newton v Wright: Wrong odds for Wright
• Webster v Beaton: Possible classic on the cards
• Anderson v Van Gerwen: Scot to edge out youngster
• Taylor v Jenkins: Like a Bull to the slaughter
• Chisnall v Tabern: Chizzy to get revenge
• Newton v Burnett: Prince to battle the Warrior
• Wade v Smith: Machine to motor past Pieman
• Baxter v Barney: Out-of-form duo seek solace
• Nicholson v Brown: Consistency gives Asset advantage