Wade v Anderson: In-form Machine is the only bet
Gary Anderson’s first match of a double-header in Sheffield could set him up for victory over Andy Hamilton later in the night, but the odds on offer determine that we should oppose the Scotsman in his opener against James Wade.
Anderson has admitted in an interview on www.pdc.tv that over the past few months any spare time he had was used to go up to Scotland to visit his family and father as he battled with cancer.
“I can get my head sorted now and get back to practising because I've not put a lot of practice in for the past few months because of the family problems,” admitted Anderson.
“When I was getting a day off I was going to Scotland and back. Now I've got to get back on the practice board.”
Last week’s defeat to Simon Whitlock seemed to back up the above, and I’m not sure that there has been enough time between matches for the Scot to sufficiently work on his game in order to beat an in-form Wade.
Although The Machine was disappointing in defeat to Adrian Lewis last week, that result owed a lot to Wade, uncharacteristically, allowing Jackpot to, perhaps unintentionally, get inside his head. There’ll be no such dramas this week; Anderson doesn’t play those types of mind games.
William Hill offer a standout 13/10 on Wade picking up the two points – most other bookies offering 11/10 – and at those odds we simply have to take advantage.
• Lewis v Anderson: Value now with Scot
• Taylor v Whitlock: Wizard to break Power duck
• Barney v Hamilton: No room for error
• Wade v Painter: Machine to reboot
• Taylor v Lewis: Jackpot thrives on big games
• Wade v Hamilton: Time is running out
• Barney v Whitlock: Momentum is with Dutchman
• Anderson v Painter: Win or bust
• Anderson 33/1 to defend Premier League crown
• Taylor v Barney: Still a spectacle to behold
• Whitlock v Painter: Wizard seeks revenge
• Hamilton v Taylor: Another handicap win for Power
• Whitlock v Anderson: Wizard to show bouncebackability
• Lewis v Wade: Rivalries renewed
• Painter v Van Barneveld: Barney to land the 180 odds