Painter v Taylor: A potential whitewash
Phil Taylor is yet again a massive favourite as Kevin Painter is the next in line to attempt to derail his impressive winning streak.
Taylor is a predictably massive favourite at 1/5 on with William Hill, while Painter is given next to no chance in the betting with Paddy Power offering up a best-priced 11/1 that he pulls off the upset, and the draw almost as equally written off with Sky Bet going a best priced 10/1. The Artist pushed Taylor close in week 2, leading for much of the way, but it takes a brave man to back against Phil Taylor, however, at 1/5 in the betting, the match odds offer no value, which leads us to look elsewhere. League leader Taylor is 10/11 with William Hill to win by more than 4 legs in Cardiff this week, a feat he has managed to achieve against his last three opponents in the Premier League.
With the five-time Premier League Champion likely to be dominant again, look for a wide margin in the match scoreline. Although this is a very rare occurrence in Premier League, or even general matchplay format darts, the undefeated Power looks a very large 16/1 to record an 8-0 whitewash. With the way he has performed throughout the tournament, it might just be the type of bet worth having a fiver on for the casual punters, particularly with an 8-1 victory for Taylor available at half those odds, a best priced 8/1. The 15-time world champion's Achilles heel at times can be that he takes time to peak in a match, however with such a short format and a bit of luck against the throw early on, a whitewash is more than achievable for Taylor, the man who has done everything in the game.
Anyone who has read my predictions throughout the Premier League will know, that I am a massive fan of Kevin Painter, there is simply no way, however, I am going against Taylor on this form.
• Lewis v Hamilton: Jackpot to roll on
• Wade v Whitlock: Back the maximums
• Hamilton v Whitlock: A grudge match with no grudge
• Taylor v Wade: Machine can handle Power
• Lewis v Painter: Do or die time for Jackpot
• Anderson v Van Barneveld: Dutchman is most reliable bet
• Anderson v Whitlock: Aussie to spoil the party
• Wade v Lewis: Revenge of the Machine
• Taylor v Hamilton: No relent in Power surge
• Van Barneveld v Painter: A Scottish homecoming
• 20/1 for another record-breaking average
• Painter v Hamilton: Tight match too close to call
• Lewis v Whitlock: Another Jackpot draw
• Wade v Barney: Form lines favour Dutchman
• Taylor v Anderson: Value in Power 180s