Kist v De Vos: Dutchman to Kist the lipstick
Christian Kist will go into his match this Wednesday night against fellow debutant Geert de Vos after a tremendous opening match against last year’s semi-finalist Jan Dekker.
Kist has set the standard so far at Lakeside with a 97 average and is a resounding 4/11 favourite to derail Belgian de Vos who is an unfancied outsider at 9/4.
The road worker from Vroomshoop in the Netherlands landed four 180s in his match with Dekker, and with an extra set to play for this time, as well as the pressure of his first ever match on the big stage out the way, Kist looks a good value bet to better his total of four first round maximums. Bet365 offer odds of 6/5 that Kist hits more than 4.5 maximums here.
With Kist heavily favoured at odds-on prices in most common markets such as handicaps and most 180s, the correct score market may produce the value prices. Kist is a 7/2 shot to pick up a 4-2 victory, and it should also be noted to expect improvement too from De Vos who may have also suffered from first round nerves.
Boylesports also go even money that we see no checkouts over 125. Neither player managed to hit a checkout over the ton mark in round one, which provides good basis for a return on our money here.
Overall, it is hard to oppose the Dutchman here against his Belgian rival. Kist has had an impressive a bow as any on the TV stage, an area of darts which many good floor players take a long time to adjust to, expect him to build on his round one victory and secure another win here.
• O'Shea v Kist: A worthy final to savour
• Hankey v Kist: Terrible Ted too tough for Kist
• O'Shea v Harms: The year of the Silverback
• Kist v Norris: Dutch delight for Vroomshoop flinger
• Hankey v Atkins: Count to take out the Assassin
• Harms v Jennings: Sparky has lit up Lakeside
• O'Shea v Adams: Wolf to tame Silverback
• Waites v Hankey: You can Count on Ted
• Winstanley v Norris: Chuck your money Over The Top
• Adams v Stone: Champ to cruise through
• O'Shea v Montgomery: Ross to Boss the 180s
• Green v Harms: Seeded duo to go all the way
• Van de Pas v Norris: Chuck to use experience
• Winstanley v Ten Berge: Over The Top of the 180s
• Waites v Boulton: Waites has Scott the lot
• Hankey v Barden: Out for the Count
• Phillips v Harms: Welshman to keep Wes at Harms length
• Adams v Mitchell: First round tester for the champ
• Fitton v Green: Dazzling Darryl to get off to a flyer