Jenkins v Jones: The Bull is back
Had this fixture been played four days ago most punters would have been rushing to back Wayne Jones at odds of 6/4. However, such has been the turnaround in Terry Jenkins’ form over the last few days, it is now The Bull that punters a clambering to put their hard earned on.
Jenkins came into the tournament in poor form and carried on in that vein with a miserable 5-1 defeat to Justin Pipe in his opening group game. But that loss seemed to stir something deep within Jenkins. Reignited a fire that seemed as though it had been permanently extinguished. Maybe it was an embarrassment at the manner of the loss to Pipe, maybe it was something else. Whatever it was, darts is all the better for having the old Terry Jenkins back near his best.
Following his opening match defeat The Bull went on to beat Dave Chisnall, in an enthralling match where he hit four maximums and three ton plus checkouts, then an in-form James Wade.
Jones’ qualification for the knockout stages came about in contrasting fashion. He began the group with solid wins over Brendan Dolan and Nigel Heydon, but when his darts were put under serious pressure for the first time, by Gary Anderson, they didn’t stand up to the test.
Jenkins, on the form of his last two matches, will put Jones under pressure. For that reason we have to back the seven-time major finalist to book a place in the quarter final of the Grand Slam. In fact, I expect he may do so with a little to spare and so the handicap market also proves tempting.
• Taylor v Anderson: Play the obvious 180s markets
• Anderson v Walsh: End of the line for Special Brew
• Taylor v Lewis: Which Lewis will turn up?
• Taylor v Nicholson: Yet another grudge match
• Webster v Lewis: Spider to cast his web
• Anderson v Jenkins: Scotsman to continue flying
• Walsh v Hankey: Count on the experienced player
• Lewis v Part: Merciless Maple to punish any lapses
• Taylor v Newton: Phil to Power in the 180s
• Nicholson v Beaton: The Asset has the advantage
• Van Gerwen v Hankey: Clash of the egos
• Wade v Anderson: Back the consistent Machine
• Newton v Bates: More pain for Champagne
• Stompe v Phillips: Decider to go all the way
• Grand Slam Betting: Hankey v White
• Grand Slam Betting: OShea v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Pipe v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Van der Voort v Phillips
• Grand Slam Betting: Webster v Part
• Grand Slam Betting: Newton v Nicholson
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Dolan
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Chisnall v Jenkins
• Grand Slam Betting: King v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Battle of the Dutch
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Heydon
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Hubbard
• Grand Slam Betting: Jenkins v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites has Scott what it takes
• Grand Slam of Darts group stage betting
• Whitlock out of Grand Slam
• Caris & Heydon complete GSOD line-up