Grand Slam of Darts group stage betting
The draw has been made for the group stages of the Grand Slam of Darts and betting odds released by sponsors William Hill.
Scott Waites will begin the defence of his Grand Slam crown with group stage matches against Mark Walsh (2/1), fellow BDO player Tony O’Shea (11/4) and youngster Michael van Gerwen (11/2). The 2010 champion is priced at 6/4 to win Group A.
Phil Taylor was handed a tricky draw in Group E where he will face an in form Mervyn King (4/1), the man who beat him in last year’s quarterfinals Steve Beaton (11/2) and youngster James Hubbard (33/1). The Power is priced at 2/7 to win his group, despite losing at least one of his group stage matches in each of the last three years.
Elsewhere, Group B sees Raymond van Barneveld (8/13) drawn against BDO duo Dean Winstanley (3/1) and Ted Hankey (7/2) as well as Ian White (14/1). Group C sees Gary Anderson (4/6) drawn alongside Wayne Jones (7/2), Brendan Dolan (7/2) and Nigel Heydon (8/1) and Group F has Wes Newton (11/10), Paul Nicholson (6/5), Barrie Bates (7/1) and Magnus Caris all aiming to progress to the knockout stages.
Group D is the dreaded ‘group of death’ with last year’s runner-up James Wade (13/8) up against Terry Jenkins (5/2) and both of last weekend’s Players Championship winners Dave Chisnall (5/2) and Justin Pipe (4/1).
World Champion Adrian Lewis is made the 10/11 favourite to bounce back from his disappointing performance at the World Grand Prix and win Group H. Challenging him will be Vincent van der Voort (5/2), Co Stompe (4/1) and Martin Phillips (6/1).
And the line-up is completed by Group G where Mark Webster (5/4) is favourite to win the group but will be challenged by John Part (6/4), Jan Dekker (9/2) and Arron Monk (7/1).
Play gets underway on Saturday evening with matches from Groups A-D, followed by Groups E-H on Sunday afternoon.
• Taylor v Anderson: Play the obvious 180s markets
• Anderson v Walsh: End of the line for Special Brew
• Taylor v Lewis: Which Lewis will turn up?
• Taylor v Nicholson: Yet another grudge match
• Webster v Lewis: Spider to cast his web
• Anderson v Jenkins: Scotsman to continue flying
• Walsh v Hankey: Count on the experienced player
• Lewis v Part: Merciless Maple to punish any lapses
• Taylor v Newton: Phil to Power in the 180s
• Nicholson v Beaton: The Asset has the advantage
• Jenkins v Jones: The Bull is back
• Van Gerwen v Hankey: Clash of the egos
• Wade v Anderson: Back the consistent Machine
• Newton v Bates: More pain for Champagne
• Stompe v Phillips: Decider to go all the way
• Grand Slam Betting: Hankey v White
• Grand Slam Betting: OShea v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Pipe v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Van der Voort v Phillips
• Grand Slam Betting: Webster v Part
• Grand Slam Betting: Newton v Nicholson
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Dolan
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Chisnall v Jenkins
• Grand Slam Betting: King v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Battle of the Dutch
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Heydon
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Hubbard
• Grand Slam Betting: Jenkins v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites has Scott what it takes
• Whitlock out of Grand Slam
• Caris & Heydon complete GSOD line-up