Grand Slam Betting: Webster v Part
Two former world champions showed their class to win their opening contests and remain favourites to go on and qualify for the knockout rounds from Group G. Mark Webster was part of a surprisingly tight affair with Arron Monk which the Welshman edged 5-4, whilst John Part was more dominant in his 5-2 win over BDO youngster Jan Dekker.
Both these men have had very good years on the circuit, but from differing starting points at the start of 2010. Three-time world champ John Part was thought by many to be heavily on the wane as he seemed to be heading out of the world’s top 32, but three Player’s Championship wins over the year and a magical nine-darter at the World Matchplay (against Webster) showed everyone he is back in business.
Webster, conversely, hasn’t been bouncing back, but continuing his rise up the rankings that has seen him reach his highest position yet of six in the world. Quarter-final appearances at the Grand Prix and the Matchplay and semi-final runs at the World Championships and UK Open shows that Spider is as consistent as anyone in the PDC today, and at the top of his game.
These two have met five times in the past and Webby has edged the record 3-2, which shows how tight it has been, and I expect it to be so again. However, I think Webster is favourite to win for a reason and should clinch a second win of the group stage, I’d take him at 4/5 with William Hill.
• Taylor v Anderson: Play the obvious 180s markets
• Anderson v Walsh: End of the line for Special Brew
• Taylor v Lewis: Which Lewis will turn up?
• Taylor v Nicholson: Yet another grudge match
• Webster v Lewis: Spider to cast his web
• Anderson v Jenkins: Scotsman to continue flying
• Walsh v Hankey: Count on the experienced player
• Lewis v Part: Merciless Maple to punish any lapses
• Taylor v Newton: Phil to Power in the 180s
• Nicholson v Beaton: The Asset has the advantage
• Jenkins v Jones: The Bull is back
• Van Gerwen v Hankey: Clash of the egos
• Wade v Anderson: Back the consistent Machine
• Newton v Bates: More pain for Champagne
• Stompe v Phillips: Decider to go all the way
• Grand Slam Betting: Hankey v White
• Grand Slam Betting: OShea v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Pipe v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Van der Voort v Phillips
• Grand Slam Betting: Newton v Nicholson
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Dolan
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Chisnall v Jenkins
• Grand Slam Betting: King v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Battle of the Dutch
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Heydon
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Hubbard
• Grand Slam Betting: Jenkins v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites has Scott what it takes
• Grand Slam of Darts group stage betting
• Whitlock out of Grand Slam
• Caris & Heydon complete GSOD line-up