Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Pipe
Early group D pace setters James Wade and Justin Pipe go head to head in an early attempt to secure qualification to the knockout stages. Wade produced a gritty last leg comeback win against the throw in his tie versus Dave Chisnall, while Pipe easily disposed of Terry Jenkins 5-1 in a poor match.
Wade heads the match betting at odds of 1/2 after posting a 100+ three-dart average; over sixteen points better than Pipe’s mediocre 85. It would take a brave man to lay The Machine in this contest, with Pipe on offer at 2/1.
Pipe, who posted a poor 31% checkout success on the doubles and a maximum-less game against Jenkins, knows he will have to raise his game to stand any chance against the seven-time major winner. The Force perhaps got out of jail in his match with Jenkins, as the Bull posted a miserable 17% on the doubles as well as failing to hit a single 180 in the match. Wade won’t be so forgiving.
The Machine is available at 6/5 to land the most 180s in the match, with Pipe coming in at a long 3/1, and the draw at 7/2. Based on the previous night’s play, the betting money will justifiably be going on the left hander, who came in with the big scores at crunch times, including a 180 against Chisnall’s throw in the deciding leg.
The Aldershot thrower is also available on the handicap market at 5/6 to win by more than one leg, which may entice punters looking for a little extra value. Whichever way you look at it it’s hard to oppose the World number 3. He should have way too much for Pipe, who still seems to be going through the growing pains of his introduction to televised darts.
• Taylor v Anderson: Play the obvious 180s markets
• Anderson v Walsh: End of the line for Special Brew
• Taylor v Lewis: Which Lewis will turn up?
• Taylor v Nicholson: Yet another grudge match
• Webster v Lewis: Spider to cast his web
• Anderson v Jenkins: Scotsman to continue flying
• Walsh v Hankey: Count on the experienced player
• Lewis v Part: Merciless Maple to punish any lapses
• Taylor v Newton: Phil to Power in the 180s
• Nicholson v Beaton: The Asset has the advantage
• Jenkins v Jones: The Bull is back
• Van Gerwen v Hankey: Clash of the egos
• Wade v Anderson: Back the consistent Machine
• Newton v Bates: More pain for Champagne
• Stompe v Phillips: Decider to go all the way
• Grand Slam Betting: Hankey v White
• Grand Slam Betting: OShea v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Pipe v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Van der Voort v Phillips
• Grand Slam Betting: Webster v Part
• Grand Slam Betting: Newton v Nicholson
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Dolan
• Grand Slam Betting: Chisnall v Jenkins
• Grand Slam Betting: King v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Battle of the Dutch
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Heydon
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Hubbard
• Grand Slam Betting: Jenkins v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites has Scott what it takes
• Grand Slam of Darts group stage betting
• Whitlock out of Grand Slam
• Caris & Heydon complete GSOD line-up