Grand Slam Betting: Van der Voort v Phillips
The game of the night on day three of the Grand Slam of Darts could come in the form of Vincent Van der Voort versus Martin Phillips. Despite both losing their opening matches, each player showed plenty of promise averaging in the high 90s. Both players displayed tremendous consistency as they notched up double-digit figures on scores of 100+. As the commentators have stated all week, it’s a shame that one of these players may have to get ready to head home after tonight.
The bookmakers are struggling to separate the two as Van der Voort opens up as a marginal 4/5 favourite, with Phillips the slight underdog at 11/10. On the basis of the first two games it is hard to disagree. One weakness, however, might come in the game of Phillips who posted a relatively poor 36% checkout ratio on the doubles – compared to Van der Voort’s 60% – and that is where the game could possibly be decided as both players showed similar scoring power against Lewis and Stompe.
With not much likely to differ on the averages and general scoring, the correct score market could provide some options. Van der Voort is 5/1 to pick up the two points with a 5-4 victory, and Phillips is 6/1 to take the spoils by the same score line.
The 180s market has Van der Voort as the 6/4 favourite, Phillips at 13/8 and the tie at 11/4. With such a tight game, the draw may provide a decent outside bet with many bookmakers unable to split the two players in this one, in what is arguably going to be the most cut throat game of the tournament so far.
Van der Voort to win 5-4 @ 5/1 with Sky Bet [£10 Free Bet]
• Taylor v Anderson: Play the obvious 180s markets
• Anderson v Walsh: End of the line for Special Brew
• Taylor v Lewis: Which Lewis will turn up?
• Taylor v Nicholson: Yet another grudge match
• Webster v Lewis: Spider to cast his web
• Anderson v Jenkins: Scotsman to continue flying
• Walsh v Hankey: Count on the experienced player
• Lewis v Part: Merciless Maple to punish any lapses
• Taylor v Newton: Phil to Power in the 180s
• Nicholson v Beaton: The Asset has the advantage
• Jenkins v Jones: The Bull is back
• Van Gerwen v Hankey: Clash of the egos
• Wade v Anderson: Back the consistent Machine
• Newton v Bates: More pain for Champagne
• Stompe v Phillips: Decider to go all the way
• Grand Slam Betting: Hankey v White
• Grand Slam Betting: OShea v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Pipe v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Webster v Part
• Grand Slam Betting: Newton v Nicholson
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Dolan
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Chisnall v Jenkins
• Grand Slam Betting: King v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Battle of the Dutch
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Heydon
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Hubbard
• Grand Slam Betting: Jenkins v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites has Scott what it takes
• Grand Slam of Darts group stage betting
• Whitlock out of Grand Slam
• Caris & Heydon complete GSOD line-up