Grand Slam Betting: Jenkins v Pipe
It has been said that Group D is the "group of death" in this year's tournament and there arguably won't be many more competitive games in the group phase than Terry Jenkins versus Justin Pipe. Both players will know that with the power-scoring Dave Chisnall and the ever-solid James Wade sharing the group with them, a loss here will present a huge uphill battle to reach the knockout stages.
Pipe, who came into last term's tournament as a qualifier has gone from strength to strength over the last 12 months and is currently second in the PDC Players Championship Order of Merit, despite being in his first full year as a professional. In the last five weeks alone he has recorded three successes on the floor, and two runners up spots.
Jenkins on the other hand has been very much out of sorts. The Bull has failed to advance beyond the second round of a televised tournament since his whimpering Premier League campaign. His ProTour results haven't produced anything of note either, with two last-16 defeats his best showings on the floor since June, as the strength and depth of the PDC field continues to grow.
Despite this, Pipe still opens as a slight 11/10 underdog, a bet that definitely provides value. Jenkins may still be seen in the eyes of the darting public, whose fix solely comes from the television or Premier League attendance, as one of the top players on the circuit. Likewise, Pipe, who has been quietly doing his business on the floor, whilst only just getting to grips with the stage, as "Justin Who". But to those of us who sit refreshing the PDC website on ProTour weekends, it provides a fantastic value bet.
Justin Pipe to win @ 11/10 with William Hill [£25 Free Bet]
• Taylor v Anderson: Play the obvious 180s markets
• Anderson v Walsh: End of the line for Special Brew
• Taylor v Lewis: Which Lewis will turn up?
• Taylor v Nicholson: Yet another grudge match
• Webster v Lewis: Spider to cast his web
• Anderson v Jenkins: Scotsman to continue flying
• Walsh v Hankey: Count on the experienced player
• Lewis v Part: Merciless Maple to punish any lapses
• Taylor v Newton: Phil to Power in the 180s
• Nicholson v Beaton: The Asset has the advantage
• Jenkins v Jones: The Bull is back
• Van Gerwen v Hankey: Clash of the egos
• Wade v Anderson: Back the consistent Machine
• Newton v Bates: More pain for Champagne
• Stompe v Phillips: Decider to go all the way
• Grand Slam Betting: Hankey v White
• Grand Slam Betting: OShea v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Pipe v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Van der Voort v Phillips
• Grand Slam Betting: Webster v Part
• Grand Slam Betting: Newton v Nicholson
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Dolan
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Chisnall v Jenkins
• Grand Slam Betting: King v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Battle of the Dutch
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Heydon
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Hubbard
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites has Scott what it takes
• Grand Slam of Darts group stage betting
• Whitlock out of Grand Slam
• Caris & Heydon complete GSOD line-up