Grand Slam Betting: Battle of the Dutch
All over the Netherlands people will be glued to their television sets as the only all-Dutch encounter of the group stages is played out on Sunday night between two men who have been showing some good form of late.
At the Players Championships double-header in Crawley last weekend, a runners-up spot and a fourth round appearance earned big Vince £3,600 for his weekend’s work while the Matchstick boosted his bank balance still further as two narrow semi-final defeats saw him pocket a cool £4,000.
This was a welcome return to form for Stompe who has been struggling all year on the tour, not making any impact in the majors, and reaching just a solitary semi-final before his double in West Sussex.
In comparison, his compatriot Van der Voort has had an excellent year on the circuit that sees him sitting very comfortably at 16th in the world (Stompe is down in 23rd) and these consistent performances have seen him amass around £100,000 in prize money over the calendar year.
Despite the disparity in recent results, it has always been a level contest when these two face off and Vincent only just swung the head-to-head in his favour with a win last weekend (he now leads 6-5) so it is a very tight affair.
What I will say is that I expect it to be a high quality contest with both men in good rhythm, which is key to each of their pacey and somewhat unorthodox actions. As such I fancy over 3.5 180s in the match which is 11/10 with William Hill.
• Taylor v Anderson: Play the obvious 180s markets
• Anderson v Walsh: End of the line for Special Brew
• Taylor v Lewis: Which Lewis will turn up?
• Taylor v Nicholson: Yet another grudge match
• Webster v Lewis: Spider to cast his web
• Anderson v Jenkins: Scotsman to continue flying
• Walsh v Hankey: Count on the experienced player
• Lewis v Part: Merciless Maple to punish any lapses
• Taylor v Newton: Phil to Power in the 180s
• Nicholson v Beaton: The Asset has the advantage
• Jenkins v Jones: The Bull is back
• Van Gerwen v Hankey: Clash of the egos
• Wade v Anderson: Back the consistent Machine
• Newton v Bates: More pain for Champagne
• Stompe v Phillips: Decider to go all the way
• Grand Slam Betting: Hankey v White
• Grand Slam Betting: OShea v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Pipe v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Van der Voort v Phillips
• Grand Slam Betting: Webster v Part
• Grand Slam Betting: Newton v Nicholson
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Dolan
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Chisnall v Jenkins
• Grand Slam Betting: King v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Heydon
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Hubbard
• Grand Slam Betting: Jenkins v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites has Scott what it takes
• Grand Slam of Darts group stage betting
• Whitlock out of Grand Slam
• Caris & Heydon complete GSOD line-up