Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Heydon
Nigel Heydon has had a steady year on the PDC circuit, reaching five Pro Tour quarter-finals, reaching number 46 in the world rankings and of course, managing to qualify for the Grand Slam by winning the qualifying event earlier this month. However, he has never really made an impression at the very highest level, and in facing Gary Anderson, he is competing at that standard.
2011 has really been the Flying Scotsman’s breakthrough year in the PDC reaching the World Championship final and then winning the Premier League. Even with a disappointing second half of the season – just last 32 appearances at the UK Open, Matchplay and Grand Slam – he is still comfortably fourth in the Order of Merit and could move as high as second with a win in Wolverhampton.
Anderson is arguably the most prolific scorer in the game today, and has only ever been let down by his finishing abilities, however the gulf in quality in this contest should mean that the Scot can afford the odd missed double and it not cause him too many problems.
The odds reflect the hugely unlikely nature of anything but an Anderson victory as his best price for a win is 2/9, but if you were wanting to go very heavy on any result, this and the Taylor match are as safe as they come.
The value will come on getting the correct score, which is made easier in these shorter forms of the game, so I would go with the 10/3 you can get with William Hill for Gary to win 5-1.
• Taylor v Anderson: Play the obvious 180s markets
• Anderson v Walsh: End of the line for Special Brew
• Taylor v Lewis: Which Lewis will turn up?
• Taylor v Nicholson: Yet another grudge match
• Webster v Lewis: Spider to cast his web
• Anderson v Jenkins: Scotsman to continue flying
• Walsh v Hankey: Count on the experienced player
• Lewis v Part: Merciless Maple to punish any lapses
• Taylor v Newton: Phil to Power in the 180s
• Nicholson v Beaton: The Asset has the advantage
• Jenkins v Jones: The Bull is back
• Van Gerwen v Hankey: Clash of the egos
• Wade v Anderson: Back the consistent Machine
• Newton v Bates: More pain for Champagne
• Stompe v Phillips: Decider to go all the way
• Grand Slam Betting: Hankey v White
• Grand Slam Betting: OShea v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Pipe v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Van der Voort v Phillips
• Grand Slam Betting: Webster v Part
• Grand Slam Betting: Newton v Nicholson
• Grand Slam Betting: Anderson v Dolan
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Chisnall v Jenkins
• Grand Slam Betting: King v Beaton
• Grand Slam Betting: Battle of the Dutch
• Grand Slam Betting: Wade v Chisnall
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites v Van Gerwen
• Grand Slam Betting: Taylor v Hubbard
• Grand Slam Betting: Jenkins v Pipe
• Grand Slam Betting: Waites has Scott what it takes
• Grand Slam of Darts group stage betting
• Whitlock out of Grand Slam
• Caris & Heydon complete GSOD line-up