Fitton v Green: Dazzling Darryl to get off to a flyer
Darryl Fitton comes into this week’s Lakeside tournament as one of the form horses on the circuit and kicks off his campaign against number four seed Robbie Green.
The Dazzler played his part in a superb final at the Zuiderduin Masters last month where he and Scott Waites hit a staggering 31 180s between them as they each averaged in excess of 97.0. Fitton was forced to settle for the runner-up prize in the end as he missed two match darts before losing 5-4 to the 2010 Grand Slam of Darts winner.
Green didn’t make it past the group stages in Holland and suffered disappointing early round losses in the British Open and World Masters earlier in the campaign. He has also only managed to record one victory at Lakeside, in comparison to Fitton’s ten in Frimley Green.
The Evens that Ladbrokes offer on a Fitton win looks a standout bet, while the generally available 6/4 on the more experienced of the two hitting more 180s is also appealing.
• O'Shea v Kist: A worthy final to savour
• Hankey v Kist: Terrible Ted too tough for Kist
• O'Shea v Harms: The year of the Silverback
• Kist v Norris: Dutch delight for Vroomshoop flinger
• Hankey v Atkins: Count to take out the Assassin
• Harms v Jennings: Sparky has lit up Lakeside
• O'Shea v Adams: Wolf to tame Silverback
• Waites v Hankey: You can Count on Ted
• Kist v De Vos: Dutchman to Kist the lipstick
• Winstanley v Norris: Chuck your money Over The Top
• Adams v Stone: Champ to cruise through
• O'Shea v Montgomery: Ross to Boss the 180s
• Green v Harms: Seeded duo to go all the way
• Van de Pas v Norris: Chuck to use experience
• Winstanley v Ten Berge: Over The Top of the 180s
• Waites v Boulton: Waites has Scott the lot
• Hankey v Barden: Out for the Count
• Phillips v Harms: Welshman to keep Wes at Harms length
• Adams v Mitchell: First round tester for the champ