Barney v Hamilton: No room for error
Andy Hamilton goes into his week 12 fixture with Raymond Van Barneveld knowing a defeat will almost certainly end his play-off hopes. The Hammer is three points adrift of the play-off spots while Barney will be surprised to see himself sitting outside the finals places after Adrian Lewis's surprise victory over Phil Taylor last week to leapfrog him into the top four.
Barney came out an 8-6 victor between the pair in week 4 and its no surprise the five-time world champion is a best priced 4/5 favourite to repeat his success from their first encounter. Hamilton is a 9/4 outsider, but has put on some dogged displays in previous weeks; bowing out a respectable 8-6 to the previously formidable Phil Taylor, a week 10 come back from a 7-4 deficit against Gary Anderson to obtain a draw, as well as snatching a point in a competitively entertaining matchup against James Wade.
Van Barneveld, meanwhile, was a weak 8-4 loser against Simon Whitlock last week averaging a disappointing 88, as he gave up the last four legs consecutively. Although in his favour, Barney has defeated Hamilton 15 matches in a row since 2006 and may well have the Hammer's number.
As a result, the draw may be where the value lies. 5/1 is the best price on offer for the tie in a tussle where conflicting trends suggest that sitting on the fence may be the way to go in this game.
Total Legs could also be a market worth pursuing. Skybet go 4/5 we see over 12 legs with Van Barneveld averaging 12.8 legs per match over the 11 games in the campaign thus far and Hamilton 13 exactly. A draw is little use to either of the two players, but recent scrappy performances and matches in the tournament suggest we may be in for an evenly contested tussle.
Back the draw @ 5/1
Total legs over 12.5 @ 4/5 with Skybet
• Lewis v Anderson: Value now with Scot
• Taylor v Whitlock: Wizard to break Power duck
• Wade v Painter: Machine to reboot
• Taylor v Lewis: Jackpot thrives on big games
• Wade v Hamilton: Time is running out
• Barney v Whitlock: Momentum is with Dutchman
• Anderson v Painter: Win or bust
• Anderson 33/1 to defend Premier League crown
• Taylor v Barney: Still a spectacle to behold
• Wade v Anderson: In-form Machine is the only bet
• Whitlock v Painter: Wizard seeks revenge
• Hamilton v Taylor: Another handicap win for Power
• Whitlock v Anderson: Wizard to show bouncebackability
• Lewis v Wade: Rivalries renewed
• Painter v Van Barneveld: Barney to land the 180 odds