Anderson v Painter: Win or bust
Kevin Painter and Gary Anderson go into their week 11 matchup knowing they are now at the win or bust stage of the 2012 Premier League. Both players have had some disappointing results over the last couple of months with Painter coming in on the back of five straight losses, while Anderson stopped a similar rot with a draw in a poor affair against fellow struggler Andy Hamilton.
The Flying Scotsman, however, is odds-on favourite with BetVictor and Blue Square offering him at a best priced 4/5. Painter is a best-priced 5/2 with Boylesports and William Hill and the draw a universal 9/2, which may catch the interest of some struggling to split the two men separated by only a point in the league table. Back in the opening week of the tournament Painter defeated Anderson following a tense encounter at odds of 14/5, and in a match that may well follow a similar theme with both players nervous to stay in the competition, the current Player's Championship holder looks a terrific value bet at the odds on offer.
Somerset based Anderson has also been suffering from a nagging shoulder problem, and the recent passing of his father may well be affecting his enthusiasm for the game at the moment. The reigning champion has also been uncharacteristically poor on the maximums as he sits on a league low of 23. Painter likewise hasn't faired much better, notching only one more as he sits on 24 from 10 matches; under 6.5 180s with Betfred at 5/6 looks great value for punters.
This should benefit the Englishman as his game has always been based around his grit and determination, unlike the flashy big scoring of Anderson which has been missing during the course of the competition
Kevin Painter has upset the books at some terrific odds so far this year, as mentioned previously, 14/5 against Anderson in week one, and 16/5 against Simon Whitlock a fortnight later. Gary Anderson meanwhile has a range of issues to deal with on and off the oche, and as a result I'm backing Painter in a low scoring affair to complete the double over Anderson.
• Lewis v Anderson: Value now with Scot
• Taylor v Whitlock: Wizard to break Power duck
• Barney v Hamilton: No room for error
• Wade v Painter: Machine to reboot
• Taylor v Lewis: Jackpot thrives on big games
• Wade v Hamilton: Time is running out
• Barney v Whitlock: Momentum is with Dutchman
• Anderson 33/1 to defend Premier League crown
• Taylor v Barney: Still a spectacle to behold
• Wade v Anderson: In-form Machine is the only bet
• Whitlock v Painter: Wizard seeks revenge
• Hamilton v Taylor: Another handicap win for Power
• Whitlock v Anderson: Wizard to show bouncebackability
• Lewis v Wade: Rivalries renewed
• Painter v Van Barneveld: Barney to land the 180 odds