Anderson 33/1 to defend Premier League crown
Bookmaker Bet365 have pushed Gary Anderson out to odds of 33/1 to successfully defend his Premier League crown as the Scotsman languishes three points outside the top four after 10 games played.
Anderson had a chance to move up to second in the Premier League table on Thursday as he faced James Wade then Andy Hamilton in a double header in Sheffield. However, the defending champion could only pick up one point from his two matches leaving him considerably off the pace in the battle for a semi-final berth.
“I'll take one point from the night because that's better than nothing,” said Anderson following his 7-7 draw with Hamilton. “I threw it away a bit at the end against Andy but he dug in there like he always does.”
“I had my shots in the last two legs to win the match and I've nobody to blame but myself. I've got four weeks left to try get into the Play-Offs and I know what I've got to do - start winning!”
Anderson had been priced at odds of 14/1 for this year’s Premier League prior to Thursday’s matches but now has only Hamilton (150/1) and Kevin Painter (300/1) below him in the betting and the Premier League table.
• Lewis v Anderson: Value now with Scot
• Taylor v Whitlock: Wizard to break Power duck
• Barney v Hamilton: No room for error
• Wade v Painter: Machine to reboot
• Taylor v Lewis: Jackpot thrives on big games
• Wade v Hamilton: Time is running out
• Barney v Whitlock: Momentum is with Dutchman
• Anderson v Painter: Win or bust
• Taylor v Barney: Still a spectacle to behold
• Wade v Anderson: In-form Machine is the only bet
• Whitlock v Painter: Wizard seeks revenge
• Hamilton v Taylor: Another handicap win for Power
• Whitlock v Anderson: Wizard to show bouncebackability
• Lewis v Wade: Rivalries renewed
• Painter v Van Barneveld: Barney to land the 180 odds