20/1 for another record-breaking average
Ladbrokes are offering odds of 20/1 that Phil Taylor beats last week’s record-breaking 117.35 average when he takes on Gary Anderson in the Premier League this Thursday.
The Power hit four 180s, 14 140s and 80% of his doubles to beat Simon Whitlock 8-4 last week and post the highest three-dart average in any Premier League match in history. After the match, however, the 15-time World Champion stated that he believed he could still add one or two points to his figures.
“The main thing was to win and 8-4 shows how much of a contest the game was,” said Taylor. “But I'm going to try to improve it and I think I can get another two or three points on my average.”
Despite The Power’s warning Ladbrokes have put their necks on the line and are offering a generous 20/1 that he beats his own record when up against Anderson in Brighton this week.
“Taylor's averages are second to none and we're expecting him to pull out all the stops again this week,” said Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes.
• Lewis v Hamilton: Jackpot to roll on
• Wade v Whitlock: Back the maximums
• Painter v Taylor: A potential whitewash
• Hamilton v Whitlock: A grudge match with no grudge
• Taylor v Wade: Machine can handle Power
• Lewis v Painter: Do or die time for Jackpot
• Anderson v Van Barneveld: Dutchman is most reliable bet
• Anderson v Whitlock: Aussie to spoil the party
• Wade v Lewis: Revenge of the Machine
• Taylor v Hamilton: No relent in Power surge
• Van Barneveld v Painter: A Scottish homecoming
• Painter v Hamilton: Tight match too close to call
• Lewis v Whitlock: Another Jackpot draw
• Wade v Barney: Form lines favour Dutchman
• Taylor v Anderson: Value in Power 180s